Saturday, May 2, 2009

Nostalgia.....

Saturday...I feel is synonymous to SAD-day. They kinda rhyme too. I was supposed to be going to a friend’s place for my very first “Slumber Party” today. It’s cancelled... :( Infact,I felt totally truly embarrassed when on being asked about how I find such snoozers, as they are sometimes very unpopularly called....I happened to be completely unaware of the term...thankfully not the idea!! I have graduated from an All-girls medical college...unique in it’s own since it’s one amongst the only two all girls’ medical colleges of the world. So, basically the girls and the college both ought to be special (Don’t go by my truant self...it might just be illusionary...I can assure you over that letter thing...!!).So, I was literally kind of looking forward to having full fun and loads of our ‘off-late’ recalcitrant mordant girly discussions with my batch mates there.

Girly discussions....or lemme put it more precisely....discussions where only girls kinda get indulged into (I really doubt whether the term really exists....!!)....aren‘t as babyish and silly as some lame souls might just consider them to be. May be...yeah....many of the times, they might not revolve around intellect based prudence [obviously excluding pre-exam and exam conversations where how much hard you try remaining unperturbed, you invariably get trapped in the vicious array of brain use...leaving the gentle amusing side astray :(...]


College times were great...The nonchalant attitude, the nescience of youth{it’s not that we no more are in that category...but it’s gonna last soon in an year as we turn 25 according to WHO conventions...},the nebular rhetoric of fanfaronade, but unlike the unkempt tales of our male counterparts...ours were modest and so, exclusively for entertainment purposes...

The talks still keep bustling with the mindless giggles...hypothetical fancy fables of new found crushes...but the charisma is a little lost as we no more are those typical frolicsome liberated birds who used to show off their snuggle anytime and anywhere...supposedly we are to show more responsibility...we have that hypermature ‘doc’ prefix added to our profile....!!Life would never be the same again except for, may be, a couple of ephemeral enlivening infrequent slivers...Still...I am looking forward to having one...soon...Friends, plan something fast again... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment