Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Genda Phool

The song "Genda phool" from Dilli-6 has become such a regular on television and FM radio[it's still topping the charts :)..]despite the fact that it's been quite a number of weeks since the movie was released.....but infact,it's always fun to catch it any number of times...A.R. Rehmann seems to be at one of his ardent best in giving this movie's music....

My mumma generally does not happen to appreciate the recent cadre of music but surprisingly, she almost goes gaga everytime she hears this one.I'm quite a regular in swithching over radio in the morning time[much to the annoyance of mummy who prefers counting on some spiritual numbers....but she,I guess understands how stubborn our generation is!!!!]..

By chance,we got into discussing this song's relevance,the lyrics appeared to be smart and poignant but we couldn't really decipher what this 'genda phool' thing is all about.Thanks to the net search,now we know how smart a poet's{Prasoon Joshi} mind can be.Genda phool refers to how a marigold is beautiful to look at but has no fragrance as such, the word is intended as a humorous look at in laws:))

Seems to be an interesting search, I must say....I have no idea but mummy seems to be reluctantly conceding to the idea;)....Papa listening ;)??????

Check it out again...it's amazing....:)
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjXyJdIEUkg

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No offence.....Even I gotta know about it a couple of secs before I wrote it down...;)

    ReplyDelete