Saturday, April 25, 2009

Old is gold....

Travelling in Dilli ki prickly garmi is a pain...a kinda sortie in itself which eventually everyone out here has to willingly or unwillingly get adapted to....I mean,somehow,at large, we don’t really have much options to bypass this. Summers are here and are likely to stay for quite a long.I am blabbing all this crap since I just have come back from terrace after a little sojourn there(obviously for a trivia,otherwise I’m not stupid enough to get myself tanned for no reason!!) and can still feel the heat...gradually and thankfully,yes now heat seems to be settling down...:)

Yesterday I went for a short visit to a nursing home, had to basically accompany mummy for visiting two recuperating relatives.Although I was a little reluctant initially since driving in this scorching garmi does not really sound like a ‘cool’ idea specially when you are on a compulsive family coaxing expedition[kidding yaar...]!!!But then I did go and am glad that I went.

Whom I met on my visit were a couple of uncles and aunts,of my grandparents’ age...obviously two generations elder...with such an amazing wit and will for life.I still feel like I lack that needed gist for my vivification.I keep cribbing and gnawing over all possible disapprovals I come across :(....I was amazed with their reckless humour,their tales of youth...and what was modestly common in all of them were their glorification stories!!Seeing them talk things with sparkle in eyes and tinkle in voice like that of the impossibility of the idea of the existence of impossible made me feel like so immature and trivial.They literally showered that energy of childhood which we forget impecuniously in dealing with our daily chores.Most of them...the males were self made retired successful professionals and the females were homemakers who had untiringly worked hard supporting their spouses and nourishing their children...They possibly had everything in life to feel glorious about....Despite having fractured forearm....another with a replaced knee....other with a pacemaker implanted and a bypass done....these people actually had the charisma.No doubt about why old is still called the real gold everywhere.Even I hope to inculcate these values and ideas in me :)

2 comments:

  1. well i definitely agree yaar that nowadays youngsters have lost the zest and zeal for life and are caught up in the frenzy of jostling ahead.so i'd say just stop and take a step back to see where your life is going and live everyday like there is no tommorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. start doing somethings interesting.. else u wont have story in ur old age...

    u wud say i just studied.. studied and studied more :P

    ReplyDelete