Sunday, April 19, 2009

With age comes the wisdom ;)

As we complete a course or are on the verge of starting afresh with a new one, loads of thoughts start encompassing our mind…and we in their effluence slowly drift away and sometimes start surveilling our past…

I am about to join as a post graduation student(in a month’s time due to some administration delays) and so have a lot of free time to pamper my conscience…I see myself having wasted a lot of time cribbing about the course, which I could have utilized in some better work (like doing this writing a little earlier)…

For all the five and a half years of M.B.B.S., me, my friends and virtually everyone in my class kept complaining about the peculiarly long duration of this course & kept targetting god’s benevolence of why he let us enter this hell… Had we not get selected, we might have felt dejected for sometime but then would have exalted in some other profession (after all, we are the cream of India!!!! just to satiate our ego!!)…. often we would end up comparing us with engineers who complete their course earlier, study less (our mind was set over this matter, since we egoists thought ourselves to be doing the most Herculean task!!), get placed earlier and hence supposedly become independent before we do…

Oh my god, I want to quit this habitude of mine & look I’m back at expatiating the whole weird thing…. Sometimes, I wonder whether it is only the fear of supposedly prolonged hard labour or only the thought of earning less (my dad does not agree; so I keep telling him to consider my relatively young age also….which I know is old relative to my counterparts in other professions with my kinda job experience!!!!!!!) that keeps me disparaging this profession.

But,as said by everyone-“With age comes the wisdom”.With time,even I have come out of this immature cocoon around me and have realized the futility of my frustrations.The nobility and the honour associated with this profession [and the increment in salaries after the 6th pay commission ;)],as has been made to be acknowledged by the laymen around have been pretty satisfying.So,I have resolved to atleast not fret over my past for now and if you guyz see me doing that,please remind me about the same ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment